Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

My long-time girlfriend, Barbara came to visit me for the 3-day Memorial Day holiday weekend. She came on Saturday and left today. We played. I didn't paint. I did write the poem for the painting I just finished, "Winds of Fate." Creativity is a journey. Every baby step taken brings the artist along on her path, even if it isn't "painting."

Barbara and I went to Litchfield, CT. We browsed and shopped in the antique and clothing stores. I found a book on van Gogh in an antique shop. I looked up "L'Allee des Alyscamps" and found a full color plate of it. The colors were off from the newspaper clipping I had. The dark blue was nearly black and the orange hues were lighter. If this was the image that my cousin sent me, I would not have been inspired. It is quite interesting how color can make or break a visceral response to art (or anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment