Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 3

It seems that you can never tell yourself that you'd just paint for a half an hour. The moment you put the brush to canvas, you are sucked into the great void of creativity-in-the-making.

I couldn't tear myself away, even though I kept telling myself that I had to go to sleep, that I had to get up early in the morning to see the gallery space at City Hall before driving to work. But no, I couldn't stop. I stepped back, gave a critical eye to the painting and fell right back into the void. It needed a little white here, a little orange there, Then, of course, it needed some blue. Once I touched it one place, another place called out to me, "Fix me here, fix me there."

Finally, I stopped. I cleaned off the brushes and covered the palette. The image was at a point where I could leave it, for now.  It was well past the time I should be in bed. I went upstairs to Sammy, who I heard pacing the floor. He was waiting for me to come upstairs so he could be with me and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment