Sunday, July 17, 2011

4 Artists - 4 Journeys

On Wednesday, July 13th, from 4-6, we had our artist reception for 4 Artists - 4 Journeys. It was a great success. I have 8 of my recent works with their poems in the exhibit. Guests responded well to both paintings and poems. We had lots of conversations. It is always rewarding when a guest really takes time to look at your work, reads the poems and tells you their responses and thoughts. It feels great to know they "got it." Since the show is right next to the mayor's office in Danbury City Hall, I met the mayor. He shook my hand and told me he loved all the paintings and wanted to buy all of them, but he didn't have any money. Oh well, that's life in the little city of Danbury. I got a chance to catch up with my artist friend, Elizabeth, which was really fun as well as my former dance classmate, Richard. I also met some new people. After the reception, I followed Elizabeth in my car to a little restaurant on Main Street so we could chat some more.  It was an enjoyable, stress-free event. Now onto the next paintings....

No comments:

Post a Comment