Saturday, June 18, 2011

Many days since my last post

Well! It's not like I have nothing to say! That would be the day! I have been preparing for an upcoming exhibit at Danbury City Hall. The show runs from Juy 11 through August 4 and the artist reception is Wednesday, July 13 from 4-6pm. It is a 4-person exhibit. The show is entitled, 4 Artists - 4 Journeys. If you happen to be in Danbury, CT on July 13, please stop by and introduce yourself to me during the artist reception.

There will be a minimum of 5 of my paintings in the show. Right now I'm adding final touches to a few of these and writing the poems for the 3 that do not have any yet. The poems will be hung next to each painting as the poem tells the story of the painting. Together they are the "work of art."

After I have completed getting all the material together for the show, I will start another painting. Its canvas is waiting in the wings. Also, I will be doing a commissioned portrait of my long-time girlfriend. When it is done I will post it on my pet portrait blog: shelley-lowell.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment